Dear Rousseau families,
During our school closure this week, we want to provide your child the opportunity to continue their learning. Lincoln Public Schools has compiled learning materials for students in Preschool-5th grade. All of the learning materials are available on this webpage lps.org/remote by clicking on the “Student Support” tab.
Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade
- Preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade materials can be accessed using the site above, and may be printed for use from a personal computer. These materials can also be used without printing. These students do not need to come to school to pick up any materials.
- Learning materials can be accessed at the site above and printed from a personal computer. These materials can also be used without printing.
- These materials may also be accessed by using the LPS provided Chromebook.
- A parent or student will have an opportunity to pick up the assigned Chromebook at school on Tuesday, March 17th.
We strongly encourage picking up the Chromebook as it will be used for learning if the school closure continues.
GRADES 4-5 STRINGS/BAND STUDENTS
- If your student participates in strings or band, they are encouraged to pick up their instrument if it is at school. They should come at their assigned Chromebook pick up time.
CHROMEBOOK PICKUP FOR GRADES 2-5
- At the time indicated below, enter through the school front door and go to your student’s homeroom to pick up an assigned Chromebook and power cord.
- An instruction sheet for using the materials at home, including your student’s username and password, will be inside the Chromebook.
- Students are encouraged to bring a backpack for transporting the Chromebook. If one is not available, the school will provide a bag.
- Students and families will need to keep track of the Chromebook and power cord as they must be returned once school is back in session.
- Students have been taught how to care for the Chromebook.
ensure good health practices we want the pick up process to be quick and
- Smiles and warm greetings are welcome!
- Please no high fives, hugs, fist bumps for the teacher.
- There will not be time for questions, visiting or conferencing. Please contact your child’s teacher through email or by calling the school office if you have questions.
- To minimize the number of people gathering at one time, we will follow the schedule below for pick up. We have provided two different time options for families. You only need to come to one time slot. If you are not able to come at that assigned time, please come at a time that works for your family.
Chromebook Pick Up Schedule
|9:00 -9:30 a.m.||Or 1:00-1:30 p.m.||Last Name A-H|
|9:30-10:00 a.m.||Or 1:30-2:00 p.m.||Last Name I-Q|
|10:00-10:30 a.m.||Or 2:00-2:30 p.m.||Last Name R-Z|
We appreciate your partnership in supporting your child’s education at home. Our Preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade students will need adult assistance as they work on the provided materials. Students in grades 2-5 will be able to work more independently, but adult support is beneficial and welcome.
The learning materials provided are intended for students to review concepts previously taught. While we strongly encourage students to complete these activities, they are not required and will not be turned in or graded.
Thank you for your help! We know you have questions and concerns and our school and district will continue to provide updates.
Dr. Wendy Badje
Thank you to Rousseau staff, students and families raised $1,206.65 for the American Heart Association. Your efforts make a tremendous impact and help millions of Americans through increased awareness of cardiovascular disease, lifesaving scientific research and critically needed education efforts.
Parents may want to be aware of a new social media challenge that is going around Nebraska.
CLICK HERE to view.
IT’S DIRECTORY TIME!!! The 2019-20 Rousseau Student Directory is now ready for purchase for $5.00. Checks need to be made out to Rousseau or cash is okay too. Please stop in the office or order forms will be sent home in the next Ram Report.
Thanks for your continued support of Rousseau!